Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Camping, the zoo, and birthday parties

Maddi playing with her cousins
Maddi is our little monkey and loved this strange 
I don't know why I wait so long especially the last few weeks. It seems like there has been a lot going on this summer and just when I think it will slow down it speeds up. The next adventure after our last camping trip was yet another camping trip. This time it was with my family, and it was also just Maddi and I. Mitch had to work and was not able to take any vacation time (his vacation time started the week after). Maddi and I and a couple of my sister's boys headed out Wednesday morning and headed straight up to the Big Horn Mountains for the annual Winters family reunion. There were lots of cousins to play with, so Maddi absolutely loved it. We played games, ran around a lot, and ate some great food. After our adventure camping we went back to Grandma and Grandpa Winters house. The next day (Saturday) we went to the 24th of July celebration. It is full of parades, games for the kids, a pioneer day program, lunch, and then for the adults a nap.
Maddi was so happy to get candy at the parade










The zoo.... So after only 3 days of rest (if you can call doing all the laundry and cleaning rest) after getting back from camping we headed to Utah for a fabulous weekend of spoiling from Grandma Revelli. We headed straight to Aunt Jenny's house in Orem, and met grandma. After a wild play session with cousin Jade it was time for much needed sleep. In the morning Jenny and I headed for the Draper temple where I went to a good friends wedding. After that we headed back and picked up Grandma and the girls and headed for the zoo. Maddi loved it and I know that Jade did too. Grandma bought the girls some stuffed animals and Maddi wouldn't let go of her elephant the whole time. I gave in and bought her some pink flamingo sunglasses, and she was in heaven.

Jade didn't care to wear hers
Maddi looked like such a diva in her shades
Grandma hanging with the girls

The day after the zoo we did a little shopping and later that afternoon we headed to Cowabunga Bay. The girls had a blast. There was a pool with some fountains in it and a lazy river, but that isn't what was so fun. They have a huge water slide park. Maddi wasn't a huge fan of the slides and it might be because of all the cold water raining down from the water features all around or the water that she swallowed at the end of the slide. Overall a blast!!
I decided to please everyone at the party and have cupcakes as well as some cake. It was a big hit. The marshmallows on the sheep did not last very long though. Mitch said they were the first to be sheared.
I think the frosting was the only part she actually ate
2 years older and thinks she is wiser.... Well I can't believe it but our little girl just turned 2 years old. We had a small party with my sister and her boys over. It was a lot of fun. There was pizza, pasta salad, cake, ice cream, and presents. What more could a 2 year old want? Last year at her birthday Maddi burnt her finger on the candle. This year she wouldn't even get close enough to blow it out. She put her hands over her mouth and there they stayed until she got her cupcake and ice cream. Maybe next year we will have better luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment