Recently I had a friend from high school get married. Her wedding was in Rexburg. I had decided as soon as she told me she was getting married that we were going. It took Mitch a little convincing, but he decided that he could easily get work off. We also decided we could make it a little vacation.
We started our journey on Friday night and drove straight to Rexburg. We got there about 9:30 and decided we had enough time to go swimming in our hotel pool. Maddi had a great time, Mitch and I not so much. The pool was freezing. The next day we got up and did a little shopping, then headed to the wedding. They had a room reserved in the chapel next to the temple for all the kids. It was great Maddi ran right in when they saw that they were watching a movie. The ceremony was wonderful. Then we had a wonderful dinner on BYU-Idaho's campus. After dinner we went back to our hotel to relax, but we didn't realize how soon the reception was after the dinner, so our relaxing didn't last very long. Once the reception was over we headed back to our pool, but it wasn't quite as much fun as before. There were way too many wild people in it, but Maddi still loved it. She even sat in the hot tub to warm up for a little while. I wanted to, but being pregnant I didn't think I should.
The next day we headed to Bear World just outside of Rexburg. It is kind of a drive through park. We started driving and saw some white elk and a bunch of deer. It was going along just fine until we ran over a branch that was in the road. It got stuck up underneath the car. Mitch didn't think he should drive any further, so he jumped out and tried to get it out. He had to come back in because some of the deer and elk were getting a little too close. So he got out to try one more time. He got it, but soon after we started going a young guy came speeding up in his covered 4-wheeler. We got in a little trouble for getting out, so when we entered the bear pen he followed us. It was a fun time and we even got a little fudge for the drive. Then we headed up to my parents house.
We decided to go home through Yellowstone National Park. As soon as we entered the park we hit the park traffic. We got slowed down to about 20 mph, and the worst part was that we were in some pretty thick woods. Thankfully it was October so there weren't as many dumb people as there are during the summer. We decided to take the Old Faithful part of the loop. We stopped twice before getting to Old Faithful to see another geyser and some paint pots. We must have just missed Old Faithful because we sat there for almost an hour. We did see it and were on our way again. I don't think any of us were all that excited when it did go off because we had sat there waiting so long. After a very long day in the car we finally made it to my parents house. We got some much needed sleep and the next day Mitch went out hunting with my dad. He got a nice doe, and once they got it all cut up we headed for home. It was so nice to get back home, but our little vacation was a lot of fun too.
 |
| This face shows how much Maddi loves weddings that are during nap time |
 |
| Maddi loved the shower so much she decided to jump in while I was getting it warm |
 |
| We were going slow enough I pulled Maddi out of her seat and let her look out the window |
 |
| I was shocked to see Mitch petting a deer. At bear world they have a petting zoo. The fat little goats kept following us everywhere. I think they thought we had food. |
 |
| Maddi loved feeding the ducks. Although we had to watch her close because she tried to eat the bread a couple times |
 |
| Maddi wouldn't really cooperate with this picture either, but I thought it was a fun one. |
 |
| Maddi did like showing me all the colors in the water. |
 |
| Maddi was really tired at this point and didn't really cooperate with pictures. |
you and I are on the same page getting all of our blogging done! We leave for rexburg tomorrow and I'm excited after reading about your trip. Maybe we'll even hit bear world.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun little vaca! Maddi is so cute! I found your blog when I was getting your email to send you an invitation to mine. So cute - hope you don't mind!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness!! That shower picture is my favorite! She is getting so big and I love her little personality! Sounds like you guys had tons of fun on your little vacation. Your hair is getting so long too!!! Can't wait to see you guys again!!! MIss you, JEnny
ReplyDelete