Wow I thought I was all caught up after our computer died, but I just realized I had taken a few pictures of our New Years Party and had totally meant to post about it. Well here it is. I am really going to try and be better. Mitch and I really couldn't get away anywhere for New Years so we stayed here and had a ton of fun. Or at least a couple hours of fun. Our New Years Eve consisted of making sausage from Mitch's deer and preparing our talks for church the next day. Sounds fun huh? Well we finally crashed into bed about 11:30 and were completely wiped out. The next thing I hear are some crazy noises that sound like they are coming from the girls' bedroom. Well not really it was just fireworks. "Happy New Year hun" I am not even sure if we kissed because that is the last thing I remember before my alarm went off. Oh well. Then Mitch had Monday off and we spent it cooking all day long. He went to the store about 9am and got the goods, and then for the next several long hours we made polenta(basically corn meal mashed potatoes), bona cota(a red eggy sauce that goes on the polenta), red spaghetti sauce, alfredo sauce, sausage spinach and cheese ravioli, and lastly spaghetti. All from scratch noodles and all. We started inviting couples from the ward a while before that, but soon realized there was no room here at the house (we even cleaned out the garage for this), so we had everyone go to the church. It was a lot of fun getting to know friends from the ward, and I know we will probably do it again.
 |
| Who doesn't love a man that cooks?! |
 |
| Looking cute |
 |
| Marly thought it looked fun rolling all the dough |
 |
| Mitch's family does this every year |
 |
| Mmm... look at that hot stuff! |
Holy moly. Nothing like starting the new year with a day full of work, eh?
ReplyDelete