Sunday, January 27, 2013

Christmas Festivities, Part One!

This year Christmas was pretty busy and hasn't really slowed down yet. It is almost the end of January and I am finally getting our Christmas posts done. I am going to have to do a couple posts. I started uploading pictures and realized it would be a lot of pictures all on one page if I did it all in one post. We had a family move in to our ward a few months ago and have become quite good friends. Maddi and their oldest daughter are about a month apart in age and they play so well, their youngest and Marly are exactly a year apart (She just turned one and Marly just turned two). We thought it would be fun to do gingerbread houses with all the girls. So we went over and the girls had a great time making their gingerbread house. Marly mostly enjoyed eating the pieces (if you look close at our gingerbread man he is missing part of his head).  

 During Thanksgiving with my family I made Mitch take a little break from deer hunting and we went and chopped down our first real Christmas tree. My sister and all her kids came as well as my parents. It was fun and surprisingly warm. We had to take off several layers. It was fun and we really didn't have to do too much hiking to find our perfect tree. The girls had fun and really enjoyed having a real tree. Now if only I could talk Mitch into making it a tradition. =)



Mitch the lumberjack 


My mom with some of the kids that went


To get it home we tied it to the top of the car, red neck style


The girls liked the branches tickling them, but it didn't make
it very easy to get a picture






No comments:

Post a Comment