Saturday, March 19, 2011

Loving life and growing older


 Well as much as I hate to admit it I am getting older. I just had my birthday Monday and I am a quarter of a century old. Of course I am kidding. I am loving life and each day that goes by it just gets better. My birthday was a wonderful day. Mitch had to work the weekend, so it made it possible for him to have the day off. We ran a few errands and then were able to take the girls to the park. Marly was a little upset after a while, but settled down when we were on the swings. Mitch and Maddi played some Frisbee golf while Marly and I followed closely behind.
  Then we spent some time on the swings and let Maddi go crazy on the slide. Mitch got "me" a new camera for my birthday. It is stellar and a lot of fun to use. I thought it took some great pictures. Normally we wouldn't take our camera to the park, but it was so much fun to use it.
  
Maddi wouldn't let us leave without going on the swings first
Marly in her carrier nice and snug

 After the park we headed home for naps and after a short rest Mitch took me out to dinner. We tried a new restaurant and both ended up getting our standby of mushroom and swiss burgers. They were pretty good. Then we stopped by Walmart and picked up an ice cream cake. I actually have never had one for my birthday, but neither Mitch or I felt like making one. After cake we all relaxed together and watched a movie. It was a wonderful birthday and I hope that each year only gets better. Enjoy the rest of the pictures of our growing family.
Mitch and Maddi had a great time together

My hot husband playing Frisbee Golf
Good thing Mitch didn't use all 25 candles

Maddi finally decided to smile for pictures again
Marly is such a sweet baby

Marly is able to hold her head up so well




Marly started smiling a week or so ago
   Just a little more. I haven't blogged in so long that there are a few things I have been meaning to post about. Maddi continues to be a great big sister. We have had a couple mishaps and accidental bumps on the head, but she truly loves her baby sister and enjoys holding her as often as I will let her. Marly has begun smiling and is such a good sweet baby. She is also sleeping so well at night. She goes to bed around 10:30-11 and doesn't wake up until about 4:30. Then she sleeps again until about 7:30. It is such a big difference from Maddi. Marly also prefers to go to sleep on her own. I feed her and lay her down in her bassinet. She always wakes up really smiley in the morning and is very alert for quite a while. Marly is growing so fast and is so much fun.
   Maddi has been loving to watch Dora lately and it is so nice to have a little free time while she does. The only thing that isn't nice is that she refuses to let me turn it off and throws a huge fit when I do. Any advice? I wouldn't let her watch, but she is learning to count and even started counting in Spanish the other day! Also we have tried potty training with little success again. She doesn't want to use the potty and cries every time I ask. Oh well we will keep trying. I know one day she will be able to use the potty. She is also becoming so much fun to watch while she plays. She is very imaginative and plays so well with her toys. I love my girls and wouldn't have it any other way.









3 comments:

  1. Cute girls. Maddi is getting so big. Marly is a doll. I am glad she is a good baby. Makes it a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is so cute! It's fun to hear the little things your girls do. A camera for your birthday?! Because I love photography so much, that sounds just about as exciting as it can get! :) I'm sure you're going to have lots of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday! I'm in total denial about how old I am. I will be 26 this year. Crazy! In high school I always thought I'd have 3 or 4 kids by this age...huh yeah right! Funny how ages are so different than when you're younger. I hope you had a great day! The girls are cuties and growing like weeds!

    ReplyDelete