Sunday, May 6, 2012

Busy, busy, busy


 We here at the Revelli house have been super busy! I am so far behind on my blog it is ridiculous. I have been looking at other people's blogs thinking what slackers they were and I have been slacking since February!
     So here we go trying to catch everyone up to date. I am going to have to do 3 or 4 posts so that everyone doesn't get too bored. February 27th, 2012 is a day that I will never forget! Exactly two months ago I was very fortunate and blessed to have a husband that used me as the guinea pig of the family. He let me get Laser Eye Surgery before him! I now have 20/20 vision and it is such a wonderful thing to wake up in the night or in the morning and not have to reach for my glasses! It was a little scary especially since I got the kind of surgery that I was hoping to avoid. I don't know why though because I really couldn't be happier with it. We went to Hoopes Vision in Sandy Utah and it was such a wonderful experience. Mitch was getting a little hungry being there for all the tests and they brought out fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. He was sold right then and there. =) I was ready to back out the whole time, but thankfully Mitch was right there with me and made me stay. I will never regret that decision. The tests were probably the longest part of the whole thing. It took about 2 hours when all was said and done, but the surgery itself was over in 10 minutes, start to finish. It was amazing because my vision wasn't the best right away, but as soon as they were done with the laser part I could see. The eye is seriously amazing!
 My mother-in-law is seriously the best. She took me to my follow-up appointment the next day and afterwards we all went to this really fun little aquarium. We met my sister-in-law and her two little girls as well. Maddi sure loves her cousin Jade and they had a blast. Sorry the pictures aren't the best, but this is kind of how good my vision was that day.The aquarium was great and the girls loved the penguin tank. We got there during feeding time and it was so fun to watch the penguins go nuts. Marly probably loved the otters the best. They are so cute.



Then in the end of March my nephew Casey was baptized. We took my sister Maren and a couple of her kids as well as my nephew Taylor and headed to Denver. It was a lot of fun. We didn't get there until late Friday night but Saturday was a day of fun with all the cousins. We had the baptism, a nice lunch, a nap, a little shopping, and then we all went to the park to play and have dinner. Maddi had such a great time with her cousin Annabelle. She is surrounded by boy cousins and only gets to see the girl cousins once in a while.
The 4 youngest grandkids that were there
The first weekend in April was yet another trip. This time we went to Evanston to see Mitch's little brother Cole receive his Eagle Scout award. It was nice ceremony and the girls had a lot of fun with their cousins on Mitch's side of the family. Maddi sure loves her Jade and I know that Kiera and Marly will be the best of friends. The bottom few pictures are just some fun ones that show how nice the weather had been in Riverton lately. The girls have been playing outside for as long as I will let them. Enjoy the pictures. This wasn't all our travels so far, but this will get you started. More to come!







1 comment:

  1. We took the kids to the Living Planet Aquarium last summer, before Vonda's girls went back to WA. They all enjoyed it, from the little ones to the teenagers. What a great place to visit.
    Happy to hear that your surgery was such a success. Lots of folk I know have done it and are happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete